Saturday, July 15, 2006

Oh dear

At about midnight last night some people came into the laneway making a lot of noise, and I heard them saying something about smashing a windscreen. Got up out of bed and climbed up on my windowsill to look out the window, because Ray had her car parked down there. They weren't near Ray's car, so I got down and went out onto the fire escape to try and see what was going on, because they were still making a lot of noise. Megsy was out on the fire escape (she was staying over with Ray) and the two guys who were down in the laneway seemed to have gotten ripped off on a deal, and were yelling at each other, and then they were hugging each other, so I decided to go back to bed and just keep an ear out for anything else.
At about 1:30 I woke up again and heard a big noise, and thought it sounded like when the people broke into Ray's car by ramming the door. So I jumped up on the windowsill again, and saw that there were two people near Ray's car, and one of them was looking in through the driver's window. So I shouted out really loudly, 'WHAT THE [expletive]'S GOING ON DOWN THERE?!' and one of them ran off. The other one just looked up at me, so I shouted, 'WELL?!' and then he went away as well.
Didn't really want to go down right then and see if any damage had been done, because everyone else seemed to have slept through it. Turned out in the morning that the driver's window had been smashed though.

No comments: