Tuesday, August 23, 2005

'Wake Up'

by Arcade Fire
from Funeral


Somethin'
Filled up
My heart
With nothin'
Someone
Told me
Not to cry

But now that
I'm older
My heart's
Colder
And I
Can
See that it's a lie

Children
Wake up
Hold your
Mistake up
Before they
Turn the
Summer into dust

If the children
Don't grow up
Our bodies get
Bigger

But
Our hearts get torn up
We're just
A million little gods causing rain storms
Turning every good thing to rust
I guess
We'll just have to adjust

With my lighning bolts a-glowin' I can see where I am going to be when
the reaper he reaches and touches my hand
With my lighning bolts a-glowin' I can see where I am goin'
Better look out below!


Originally heard this song because U2 have been playing it at the start of each show before they go on stage, and my brother Doomie has a few bootlegs.
Not sure why, but I really like it. It seems like it's mourning the results of us thinking we're gods.

No comments: