Thursday, January 20, 2005

Customer parking only

Yesterday I went to a 'Christian' shop. I needed some candles, and a friend had told me that they were really cheap at this shop.
In the carpark was this big sign, saying:

CUSTOMER PARKING ONLY
CARS PARKED HERE ILLEGALLY
WILL BE TOWED AWAY

It seemed kind of weird to me. Not quite 'gentle as doves'. Or 'wise as serpents' either, really. (Matthew 10:16) I'm not saying that they should just let people take advantage of their car park, but it doesn't seem to me as though having that sign there makes Christians seem like very nice people to be.

3 comments:

Tab said...

The shop was a follower of Jesus? Wow! A Christian shop! Sorry. that annoys me. It's like a "christian diary" or "christain moisturiser".

Regarding the sign, what would u have written?

John M said...

It could have said:
Customer Parking Only
Please do not park here unless you are a "....." customer, otherwise your car will be towed away.
Then it might be a "Christian" parking sign huh??
hehehe :Þ to Tab :)

Christop said...

I'd just write 'Customer parking', I think.