Saturday, September 17, 2005

Nerdgaming

The last two Friday nights' I've been out at Mt Helen res, playing a nerdgame (RPG, like Dungeons and Dragons) with some people from the writing group.
The game we've been playing is called Deadlands, which is a Western, but with a lot of with horror, fantasy and steampunk influences.
My character is an explorer who is famous for discovering gold in Mexico, which he was then forced to hand over to the emperor of Mexico. His main disadvantage is that he is quite insane, which gives me a excuse for making him throw nitro at a robot horse or making him scream back at the monsters in an effort to try and scare them instead.
(According to some I have a tendency not to play games the way I'm supposed to, but to make up my own rules instead.)

4 comments:

Tab said...

Hey sounds REALLY interesting! I think that I might really enjoy that kind of game. Which brings me to something. I have become so much more of a nerd since I left ballarat. Thats really weird b/c most of the people hera are quite normal - so its not their fault.

Oh and I'm not sure why it's BAD for u to make up ur own rules.

Christop said...

Yeah, I know it's okay to make up my own rules.
Maybe you could come and play when you're down in Ballarat?

Tab said...

YEAH?! that would be gr8:) ur on.

Christop said...

Okay, but I'll have to check with Nick if there is an opening for a new character.