Monday, October 03, 2005

Expression of extreme botherment

If I knew how much botherment going to university while living off Centrelink would cause, I don't think I would have bothered.
Last year I moved into the student residence at Gillies Street. At about Easter, Centrelink cut back my allowence so I had about $10 a week left after rent. So I decided to eat stuff and keep going to classes and I got behind in rent.
This year I've been gradually paying it off, but there's still a lot to pay off.
Anyway, since the start of this semester I've been trying to get enrolled in two off-campus classes so that I can finish my diploma, but everyone kept sending me to someone else. Today it looked like I was finally going to get enrolled. But they won't let me because because of my debt, even though I've been paying it off.
And the Commonwealth Bank keeps taking my money, even though I'm a student! So if you know a bank that doesn't do things like that please tell me, because I am in the right mind to change my account if they don't sort it out!

, , ,

4 comments:

Susan Barnes said...

You will hear me shouting for joy the day I can stop filling in Centrelink forms! which may be quite soon. I hope! I hope! I hope!

You shouldn't have to pay fees at the Commonwealth Bank I'm sure Trav doesn't.

Christop said...

Yeah, I know. I told them I was a student, and they said they'd stop giving me fees, but that they wouldn't pay back the fees they'd already taken. And they've kept taking the fees anyway. I'm going there tomorrow to try and sort it out.

Tab said...

Westpac won't take ur fees

Christop said...

Yeah, I think I know why the Commonwealth Bank's been taking stuff out of my account still, and it's linked to the uni stuffing me around.