Thursday, December 04, 2008

Be not afraid (Prayer for Melbourne)

Last night at Prayer for Melbourne I used a version of the angel animation I've been working on.

While I write this I don't really have the time or clarity of mind to write about what I've been thinking about with this piece, but I'm probably going to be using it again at some stage during Advent, so I'll do another post about it then.
I will say now though, that Jon reckoned that the way the text moves around suggests fear, when it is supposed to be saying not to fear. I'd already been wondering about that myself - but I'm not sure I have a problem with it suggesting fear. What do you think?

(Prayer for Melbourne is a space for people to come and pray for our city together, every second Wednesday, from 6 till 7:30pm, at Collins Street Baptist Church. It will be on again on December 17, and I'll be using another animation that I've been working on.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice, is the video just a loop of the 3 images?

looks good on the wall...

the effect of the text is a bit skitz, like in old scary movies, but perhaps some ambiguity is useful in something like this...

Christop said...

It's four images, but the fourth doesn't come up very often.