Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Easter balloons

On Sunday morning, I visited my family's church, where I was baptised almost four years ago.
Normally I dread visiting the morning service there. Maybe I shouldn't say this, but everybody just seems miserable and almost dead.
It was pretty different on Sunday morning though. The place was filled with helium balloons, and that one thing seemed to make a huge difference. Toward the end of the service, the pastor talked a bit, and during his talk one of the balloons behind him started to go down towards the floor, then bobbed around in mid air, causing a lot of people to crack up laughing, which was wonderful.
At the end of the service we each wrote a message of hope on a small piece of paper and tied it onto a balloon. We took them all outside, let them go, and watched them float out over the Dandenongs, until we couldn't see them.

No comments: